Private psychological services are not covered by MSI, however, many health insurance plans do cover the cost of these services, as well as the Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (assuming that psychological distress is the result of a workplace injury) and workplace Employee Assistance Programs.
Prior to beginning the psychotherapy, you will want to contact any of these agencies to clarify the details of any coverage. Some questions to ask are:
– Does your plan cover treatment by a Registered Psychologist or Psychologist (Candidate Register)?
– How much and what percentage of treatment will they cover?
– Is a medical referral required or can you be self-referred?
– How do you claim your reimbursement?
We offer a variety of payment options for your convenience including cash, debit, VISA, and Mastercard. (Note: personal cheques are no longer accepted)
NOTICE OF FEE CHANGE – Psychotherapy Fees as of September 1st, 2016
Individual Session $170
Couples Therapy $195
Full time University/College Student (15% discount) $144.50*
Report Writing $170/hr +hst
* With valid identification.
Yoga Therapy Classes (may be covered by private health insurance. Check with your plan.)
Private Sessions: $100/hr +HST or the following packages are also available:
Corporate/Private Group Sessions: $175/hr +HST