I was recently granted a wonderful opportunity to discuss the benefits of Yoga Therapy as an complimentary treatment to psychotherapy with a member of the federal government. I presented a package of information and would like to share some links to those looking for information on how we working on integrating Yoga Therapy at my practice. Special thanks to those at the Trauma Center at the Justice Resource Institute in Boston for all the great research they are documenting and openly sharing on their website http://www.traumacenter.org/products/publications.php .
- “Warrior One”: Yoga Pose Takes on Whole New Meaning at VA Salt Lake City
Calhoon, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, February, 2013.
- Interview: Yoga Teachers as Part of the Clinical Team
Emerson, Yoga Therapy Today, Summer 2012, pp 24-25.
- Application of Yoga in Residential Treatment of Traumatized Youth
Spinazzola, Rhodes, Emerson, Earle & Monroe, Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 2011, 17(6) 431-444.
- Transcending Trauma
Sparrowe, Yoga International, Fall 2011, pp 48-53, 89.
- Warriors at Peace – Pollack, Yoga Journal, August 2010, pp. 74-104
- Yoga Therapy in Practice: Trauma-Sensitive Yoga: Principles, Practice, and Research – Emerson, Sharma, Chaudry & Turner, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, No. 19 (2009), pp. 123-128
- Yoga and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: An Interview with Bessel van der Kolk, M.D. – Integral Yoga Magazine (2009), pp.12-13